ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS to open 2017 season at Purdue

Thanks for posting this. It is great news!

This should for all practical purposes be a home game. We took 15K to 20K to South Bend, over 250 miles away, in late November. I would expect at least 30K - 35K to make the 100 mile drive straight up I-65.

Already excited about this one.
CJ

I was thinking the same thing. The excuse IU has always used was they didn't want more Louisville fans in Bloomington than Indiana. I guess PU has decided to risk Louisville bring more fans to Indy than them. I have no doubt we will outdraw PU fans in the Hoosier Capital. I would love to see us do the same to Indiana.

Hopefully this pressures IU to finally play the Cards

Why bother with IU?

Easy road trip for the fans. Our ACC opponents are quite far.
They don't add much to the schedule, but beating the tar out of another P5 opponent isn't a bad deal. While I'd rather schedule Cincinnati and battle for the Keg again, IU would be a good alternative.

Why bother with IU?

Easy road trip for the fans. Our ACC opponents are quite far.
They don't add much to the schedule, but beating the tar out of another P5 opponent isn't a bad deal. While I'd rather schedule Cincinnati and battle for the Keg again, IU would be a good alternative.

Purdue/IU would be excellent choices for OOC and UofL!

The header is incorrect... This game is obviously not AT Purdue. But it's also not considered a Purdue home game or they would control the gate and we would get a return game. This is a true neutral site game...

I was at the Purdue-Louisville basketball game years ago at Conseco FH. There was a huge snowstorm and Louisville still had more fans than Purdue (and Butler) in the middle of downtown Indianapolis. Half of Louisville's team was injured and didn't play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT