ADVERTISEMENT

Cards in WNBA

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
As the WNBA season reaches the point where most teams have ten or so games under their belt, let's see how our Cardinals are doing.

There are four Cardinals playing and they are all in the Eastern Division.

On the New York Liberty, who are 5-4, you have Kylee Shook, who has played in all nine games, is a starter at center and is averaging 5.4 points a game and 3.3 rebounds. She's seen 179 minutes of court time, about 20 a game. Jazmine Jones has also appeared in all nine games, averaging 3.9 points a game and 3.3 rebounds. She has seen 130 minutes so faar, an average of about 14.4 a contest.

For the Washington Mystics (2-5), Myisha Hines-Allen has been back for four games and averages 14.5 points a contest and 9.0 rebounds. Myisha has played 112 minutes so far, which is about 28 minutes a night and has been a starter.

For the Chicago Sky, who are 2-7, Dana Evans has played in two games so far, with a 1.0 average a night and 0.5 rebounds. Her 16 minutes are about 8.0 a game. At Dallas, she saw action in six games, about four minutes a game, and had a 0.8 scoring average.

Angel McCoughtry and Asia Durr are sitting out this season because of injury (Angel) and COVID complications (Asia).

Asia Taylor had a training camp look did not make the Liberty squad.

Myisha and her Washington squad take on the Phoenix Mercury tonight. Charles vs, Griner. Hopefully MHA continues her hot streak and the Mystics can get a "W"

-sonja-

Reactions: Guardman
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you're wonderful." I don't know about this, Sonja. I value my dog for his judge of character. He is the reason that I walk with a swagger.

Go Myisha!!!!!

What is Shoni Schimmel doing now?
I read she sat out of the WNBA in 2017. Got released by the Aces in 2018. In 2019 she was coaching High School on a Reservation in North Dakota and said she would be looking for another coaching gig. Can’t find anything past 2019.

I heard she was touring Native American reservations on speaking tours about equality and rights and such. She retweets a lot of things on Twitter but hasn't posted anything new about herself in a long time.

--sonja--

Myisha injures her knee 10 minutes into game. Will have MRI. Hope for the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT