ADVERTISEMENT

can we talk about baseball?

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
We got smacked around tonite.The discipline that was there 3 weeks ago is gone.Hope Funk gets it figured out in the next 2 weeks,the hitters remember to hit strikes,and the defense shores up.Really,2 weeks....

I'll be back tomorrow to watch them get game 2.

Positives - huge crowd, nice weather

Negatives - Cards looked totally outmatched today, Concessions totally unprepared for crowd (on the radio this morning, I got the sense that UofL was expecting a big crowd...I'm really shocked that things were so backed up. I was assuming there would be several extra beer and drink outposts)

Funk is in an early-inning funk that he needs to figure out and quickly. Kidston needs to be retired for the rest of the season. Fix those things, and tonite's a different ballgame. No reason to push the panic button yet...

Dollar beer night. Admission is free, the stands are packed, and the concessions are overwhelmed with huge lines. Almost seems like lots of folks are there just for dollar beer. Big fun, though. Go Cards!

Funk is in an early-inning funk that he needs to figure out and quickly. Kidston needs to be retired for the rest of the season. Fix those things, and tonite's a different ballgame. No reason to push the panic button yet...
Not panicking yet,but it's not just Funk.The team is not playing clean baseball.Sure,Funk has to get past his control problems,but the team has to get back to playing clean ball too.The aggressiveness at the plate and on the bases can be a double-edged sword if the discipline's not there with it.I know this post is critical,but we're at a critical point in the season.I live and die with this program more so than any other...

Funkhouser was really bad in the first, but the error and the botched double play killed us in the second. Looking forward to heading back out to the park again today and watching the Cards turn it around.

Funkhouser was really bad in the first, but the error and the botched double play killed us in the second. Looking forward to heading back out to the park again today and watching the Cards turn it around.
Clean baseball today with the frosh phenom McKay.Love this team and its coaches.Like Henry said in Goodfellas,everybody needs to take an a$$ whoopin every now and then.

Reactions: pervisl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT