ADVERTISEMENT

Cal saying BUH-bye??? Sources say he's interested in Pelicans gig ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal desperately trying to salvage recruiting, so he tweets out he isn't interested in the Pelicans job.

I guess he isn't their first choice. Maybe the Pelicans realized he can't coach to save his life.

It was fun watching the hand wringing on the big blue boards for a while though.

Reactions: pervisl
@UKCoachCalipari

Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

According to the story by Matthew Schwerha Cal reached out to the Pelicans , what's up with that?
The Pelicans weren't willing to meet Cal's salary and other demands ........so that sounds like he's looking to leave uk for whatever team that would meet his demands, uk is buying loyalty. WOW That doesn't sound good and will be on the minds of potential recruits .

Reactions: pervisl
Cal can't win with that roster not nearly enough talent, and they aren't going to pay him nearly as much money as UK either. My thoughts I she goes after the Chicago job.

Matthew who?? Never heard of him. Had it been someone of recognition in the media, I might have given a little credibility to the "Cal reached out to the Pelicans" stuff.

Why in the world would an NBA team
Hire him?

My sentiments too. The only way that makes sense, is if a player that has any pull demands it. A la Anthony Davis or LeBron James.

But Cal has already shown he can't win with NBA talent - at least at the college level. How is that supposed to translate to winning with NBA talent at the NBA level?

:rolleyes:

....I guess there's been other coaches win 38 games in a season at the college level? Who.....?

:rolleyes:

....I guess there's been other coaches win 38 games in a season at the college level? Who.....?

That MIGHT have been more impressive if Wichita State hadn't just won 35 straight games the year before, on the way to not winning the NC either. And Gregg Marshall also used the threat of other job openings to squeeze an unheard of MVC contract for $3.3 million/year from Wichita State.

The point remains in response to the "can't win on the college level" remark. You guys know better....

That MIGHT have been more impressive if Wichita State hadn't just won 35 straight games the year before, on the way to not winning the NC either. And Gregg Marshall also used the threat of other job openings to squeeze an unheard of MVC contract for $3.3 million/year from Wichita State.

And the Missouri Valley Conference has been an arguably better conference than the SEC the past two seasons.

But .. Greg Marshall was coaching 7 guys who will go in the NBA draft.

Oh wait. That's right. He didn't. My bad.

;)

@UKCoachCalipari

Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

Seems we heard that in 1997 about the Boston Celtics. You guys are cute. I don't see Cal going to NOLA, but to put any stock in a tweet or contract extension is dumb, even for you guys.

I guess if Cal really wants some good info on his future, maybe he should stop by and ask you guys. :rolleyes:

I have no opinion whether Pitino Lite jumps. He's got his championship, and his roster is again depleted. Understandable if he wants to move on.

There's no question that he can win consistently in college and why he has won. As long as he has a helluva lot more talent than the other team as well as a basketball schedule comprised mostly of hot garbage.

"Elite program", my a$$...

I guess if Cal really wants some good info on his future, maybe he should stop by and ask you guys. :rolleyes:

The point is you guys are dumbasses if you ever take a coach at his word. It has been proven time again. Oh, but, but we are the Cayuts he means it.

The constant waiting & wishing that Cal leaves by card fans is pure comedy. Cal has simply taken ownership in your collective heads.

The posters are actually doing neither waiting or wishing. They are pointing out how riled up BBN would be if he bounced. What is laughable is your inability to comprehend what's being written on these boards, and watching you twist words of others into what you want their posts to say and ultimately mean. You're over here reading and responding to UofL's fans thoughts about the program you root for which tells us UofL fans that hate UK have ownership of your head. This is irony, the technique you inappropriately tried using in a different thread. Keep fighting them guy, you are making a difference.

I see this place as a social laboratory. The behaviors and thought processes of the lab rats (card fans like you) is sad, yet amusing. There's no "fight" involved, just the infusion of certain stimuli to see the resulting reactions. Although most of the reactions are predictable, there are some that justify the experiment.

I see this place as a social laboratory. The behaviors and thought processes of the lab rats (card fans like you) is sad, yet amusing. There's no "fight" involved, just the infusion of certain stimuli to see the resulting reactions. Although most of the reactions are predictable, there are some that justify the experiment.

If that is indeed your purpose and goal here, that is called baiting and is prohibited by board rules. You are perfectly welcomed here to discuss topics and some back and forth is expected, but if your continued practice is purely "stimuli infusion to see resulting reactions", then your time here is finite. Consider this a warning.

Point being, for every action, there is a reaction. For every card fan response, there is a UK fan response and vice versa. I find it interesting to see if the 2 sides can ever meet in the middle....as long as FACTS are the components of the discussion, rather than opinion/speculation.

Point being, for every action, there is a reaction. For every card fan response, there is a UK fan response and vice versa. I find it interesting to see if the 2 sides can ever meet in the middle....as long as FACTS are the components of the discussion, rather than opinion/speculation.

Point being...if your commentary continues to include derogatory terms in regards to posters and topics here, you will be shown the door.
Regardless of how "interesting" you may find it, it is baiting, pure and simple, and won't be allowed. You've been warned.

You've got it upside down. You are the one producing the predictable responses. A couple of haters pulled your chain with these anti-UK threads and all you are doing is barking like a dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Point being...if your commentary continues to include derogatory terms in regards to posters and topics here, you will be shown the door.
Regardless of how "interesting" you may find it, it is baiting, pure and simple, and won't be allowed. You've been warned.
I find it interesting that you don't apply the same standards to the posters on this boards when they openly use
derogatory terms in regards to posters and topics here
. You have always been a reasonable poster on both the UK and UofL boards. I hope that you are just as consistent as a moderator.

Someone better ramp up security on the second street bridge. Could be a lotta blue heading there if this story has any smoke to it.l

A couple of haters pulled your chain with these anti-UK threads and all you are doing is barking like a dog.

Out of curiosity, doesn't this count as "baiting?" Seems like 1/3rd of the threads are bait... I know the off season is slow, especially on boards, but this has become ridiculous.

The OP didn't call out any poster by name or quote post any previous post. He made a joke in terms of a what if cause/effect. He didn't bait anybody.

All I did is respond to a previous poster, I didn't bait him either. I simply gave him the cliff's notes version of what was going on here because he didn't keep up.

Since you are concerned with the rules it's actually you that is baiting because you are quote posting other posters directly and questioning if they have broken rules. If you have problems with any posters you should go directly to the mods, there is a report button all you have to do is click it and you can share your concerns in privacy without baiting others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT