ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Overkill must be Stopped

But if there's a bowl for every team, LPT doesn't have to worry about making one.

LPT Football: 67 bowl games feels right...

ESPN needs something to put on, and for whatever reason they like to use these lower tier bowls to fill network space. There's no shortage of ads on these Bowls so that in itself may explain it.

That's why we have so many Bowls and why there will likely be more, not less, in the future.

It's all about money, but there are WAY too many bowl games. A participant should have at minimum at least seven wins.

If you don't want more bowls, then turn off your TV. So many people complain about the number of bowls and yet the ratings for these meaningless bowls always trump the ratings of top notch college basketball games.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
How many Bowls are there now, isn't it something like 32. That is 64 teams and sUcK still can't make one, what they need to do is figure how many more Bowl games do they need to add before sUcK gets in one. I am guessing about 10 more Bowl games, that would be 84 teams playing in a Bowl game that should get sUcK in one, maybe.

WOW!!!, I didn't see that article about the Bowls until I posted so there are already 41 Bowl games, 82 teams playing and sUcK can't make it in. If they have 10 more Bowls that would be 102 teams playing and if sUcK can't make it in then I would suggest they drop football.

If you don't want more bowls, then turn off your TV. So many people complain about the number of bowls and yet the ratings for these meaningless bowls always trump the ratings of top notch college basketball games.

Good point about ratings. Some bean counter at ESPN does the math about "should we put on Bowl X vs. the Illinois/Missouri basketball game. Bowl it is!"

It's whatever they can sell the most commercials for, and make the most off every minute. Apparently, it's Bowls over college basketball. Otherwise, you know there'd be more CBB and less bowls!

WOW!!!, I didn't see that article about the Bowls until I posted so there are already 41 Bowl games, 82 teams playing and sUcK can't make it in. If they have 10 more Bowls that would be 102 teams playing and if sUcK can't make it in then I would suggest they drop football.
Yeah, because the bar keeps dropping, they get sorrier every year just staying the same.

LPT Football: We'll go bowling regularly when 4 wins are enough...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT