ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Donovan Offered OKC Thunder job

Makes sense. Get out of Florida and play around in the NBA a few year until Rick is ready to retire and then come here. I think this almost guarantee's he is our coach in waiting so to speak.

Makes sense. Get out of Florida and play around in the NBA a few year until Rick is ready to retire and then come here. I think this almost guarantee's he is our coach in waiting so to speak.
I'm having a hard time connecting those dots.

Really? Must be a joke because that's just ridiculous.

I'm having a hard time connecting those dots.
You're not alone. That made no sense at all. Donovan has had several chances to leave for the NBA and I think this time around he'll take the challenge and once he's done with the NBA, he'll be done coaching.

OKC has talent and are expecting a title. I think Donovan will take the job, but I do see him returning to college. Rather it will be at UofL or not idk

How are the Thunder setup with maintaining players and contracts? If Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are on board then I'd take that offer in a heartbeat. Their passion for basketball in OKC is top notch by NBA standards. One of the best jobs available. Sorry Florida.

I THINK Durant is under contract for next season, and Westbrook for 2 more. Not sure about Ibaka, but I thought they extended his contract when they let Harden go.

They also have a very good front office in selcting players, to think in 3 straight years they drafted MVP caliber players Durant, Westbrook and Harden.

I think Florida will get another good coach who just wants to be in a nice sunny destination. But if they do not make the right hire, that will most definitely leave the SEC in an even worse place for basketball than it has been outside of the blow hard nayshun. Even when Billy had one of his worse teams in year this past season, he still competed with the best of the SEC.

I think they'll go after Archie Miller of Dayton. Maybe Richard Pitino, but I doubt he will want to leave Minnesota and the B10 for Florida.

Last edited:
I think it will be Archie Miller's job if he wants it. I think they may talk to shaka smart, but he turned down Texas and basically this job is just like Texas. Basketball job in a football state and football confernce.

The money is right for Archie Miller. It will be a great raise. I dont see Greg Marshall taking the job if offered. But who knows? Maseillo is still at Mahattan and now he has a degree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT