ADVERTISEMENT

Big week ahead

Aug 21, 2018
The Flight Deck
Hosting number 1 Notre Dame this weekend and have two midweek games. Take care of NKU and Bellarmine this week and somehow find a way to win the series this weekend and I would think we’re top 20. This weekend is going to be a nice measuring stick to see where we truly are. Go Cards

Reactions: earsky
Find it hard to believe the Cards didn't find the rankings this week. 11 and 4 overall and the obvious strong lineup McDonnell puts out there.

Louisville baseball program is elite and should be getting the benefit of the doubt with these voters, but like usual, people just don't like doing that with UofL sports.

I know they haven't beaten anyone yet but that can't be it. It's not like they have been struggling in their wins. It's not like they don't pass the eye test, especially at the plate.

I guess the Notre Dame series will tell?

What is wrong with Benson? Announcers mentioned an injury.

That was only a matter of time. Seed has been living in the higher part of the strike zone all game.

That was only a matter of time. Seed has been living in the higher part of the strike zone all game.
Little bit better outing than last I guess?He has a real penchant for falling behind in the count and having to battle. I missed the first 2 innings. Was he better with that?

I really enjoy watching Usher when he gets on base. It's almost like you expect to score. I'd love to know the percentage on him scoring when he gets on base.

Little bit better outing than last I guess?He has a real penchant for falling behind in the count and having to battle. I missed the first 2 innings. Was he better with that?
He was flirting with pitches higher in the zone the entire time. However, he was also making many quality pitches. Much better than his debut.

Liggett probably just self-demoted himself to mop-up pitching duties only. 🤮 Didn’t even sniff the strike zone.

I just don't understand why these guys cannot do the one thing a pitcher is supposed to be able to do. Why be a pitcher if you can't throw strikes? A lot of these pitches are not even close.

They know that walks are the last thing the team needs and they proceed to walk hitters. They know that walks will get them pulled but they continue to throw balls.

Is it nerves? There are 3 or 4 guys who look like they're afraid to throw strikes. Good thing there's 21 pitchers on the roster.

Reactions: Bardman
Question of the day (season). I mean…8 straight balls. Yikes. Some of these guys seem like they are afraid to give up hits. I’d rather have a guy hit my pitch than me walk him.

Reactions: earsky
Question of the day (season). I mean…8 straight balls. Yikes. Some of these guys seem like they are afraid to give up hits. I’d rather have a guy hit my pitch than me walk him.
I think the walks are some kind of double whammy against whoever's team is handing them out. Works against the psyche of the pitcher and can get the offense going. What Prosecky did today was pretty impressive. Following a couple of guys that couldn't get it over and getting out of that two guys on- nobody out jam was maybe his best one yet this season.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT