ADVERTISEMENT

Bellarmine Series Thread

mattsefcovic

Jan 12, 2020
Game one is set for today at 1pm. The starting lineup was just announced:

Any surprises? I expected to see Bianco starting at first over Rushing, but it isn’t a huge shock.

Reactions: Hcollett
I'm guessing Bellarmine is throwing a lefty. I think we'll see this right handed batting lineup and vice versa for a righty.
Leonard has improved steadily over the past 2 seasons. Only slightly surprised by his start in the outfield. My guess is he's won the start.

Bellarmine strikes first with a double to right center field. Still have a runner on second with one out.

I'm guessing Bellarmine is throwing a lefty. I think we'll see this right handed batting lineup and vice versa for a righty.
Leonard has improved steadily over the past 2 seasons. Only slightly surprised by his start in the outfield. My guess is he's won the start.
I thought we may see Leonard starting in the outfield, although Masterman has improved as well. Glad to see both of them in the starting lineup.

Glenn Albanese turns things over to Tate Kuehner to begin the 6th.

Albanese final stat line: 5.0 innings, 4 H, 7 K’s, 0 BB, 1 ER.

Tate Kuehner’s day comes to an end after two innings, turning things over to Jared Poland in the 8th. Final line for Kuehner:
2.0 innings, 0 H, 2 BB, 2 K’s, 0 ER.

Cards still lead 5-1

CDM didn't elaborate after the game, just said at this point of the season, it wasn't worth sending him back out there. Said it was a foot, but that's it.

Reactions: earsky
Here is the lineup for game one of today’s double header against Bellermine. Adam Elliott is getting his first career start on the mound. First pitch is set for noon.

Cam Masterman just hit his second homerun in two days, giving the Cards a 9-0 lead.

Adam Elliott’s day is done after 4 innings, allowing just 1 hit, 2 walks, career high 7 K’s, and 0 runs.

There are multiple guys that could hit 15+ homeruns this season,if the number of games is normal.

Reactions: Bardman
Adam Elliott’s day is done after 4 innings, allowing just 1 hit, 2 walks, career high 7 K’s, and 0 runs.
He really settled down after that 1st inniing. It sounded from Moth, like he has added a changeup to the mix. Throwing consistently around 90. His thing is really his location. He's very good with it. And of course it helps when you're throwing your breaking ball for a strike.

Last edited:
It was an encouraging start to the season. You know what they say? Chicks dig the long ball. Well, so does this dude. I love seeing all that power. And the speed! As Mickey said after Rocky chased down the chicken in Rocky II: "We got speed!" This team, offensively, is going to be dangerous. That's a good thing with a "rebuilt" pitching staff. Give them room to work. Here's to everyone staying healthy. One last thing. Maybe it was because everyone was layered up due to the weather, but I thought a lot of the guys looked bigger, stronger. Go Cards!

Reactions: PHCARD and earsky
It was an encouraging start to the season. You know what they say? Chicks dig the long ball. Well, so does this dude. I love seeing all that power. And the speed! As Mickey said after Rocky chased down the chicken in Rocky II: "We got speed!" This team, offensively, is going to be dangerous. That's a good thing with a "rebuilt" pitching staff. Give them room to work. Here's to everyone staying healthy. One last thing. Maybe it was because everyone was layered up due to the weather, but I thought a lot of the guys looked bigger, stronger. Go Cards!
I can recall on more than one occasion seeing ACC powerhouse programs marching into Patterson that were physically imposing. That's what this group looks like.
Davis gets a little lost in this group and he is physically imposing.
Brown is the fastest guy from home to 1st since Corey Ray. If he gets on base, it's havoc for the defense. And yes,most of them can run.
The young pitchers were fairly impressve. There are a lot of arms in that bullpen, especially if everybody that was hurt comes back.

It’s a great concern to have is whether Coach Mac can find enough bats for everyone to stay consistent in their hitting. We are loaded.
This team has a chance to be really special. I talked with coach Mac last week about this and he reiterated how important it is to stay healthy, especially this year. Not only do you have to worry about injuries, but covid as well. I know it goes without saying, but if you have to sit out a few weeks in baseball, you could miss 6-8 games. That’s brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT