ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball not selected as host site…

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Two ACC teams were selected as host sites, Notre Dame and Pitt. There were 20 overall sites selected. 7 SEC teams selected as hosts. Vandy and Tennessee look like potential destinations.

With 4 dropping out to 16 the end of May, I think Pitt will be outta there. What a shame that things have played out like they did, because we were loaded with such potential.

With 4 dropping out to 16 the end of May, I think Pitt will be outta there. What a shame that things have played out like they did, because we were loaded with such potential.
Not this year. The pitching was always suspect. The defense up the middle are freshmen which has shown itself with errors.

No, it was last year where the Cards might have been the best team. Detmers and Miller made all the difference and Kirian was the closer. The lineup was strong with Davis and Binelas breakout stars.

But Covid stopped all that. I remember being as upset that this baseball team wasn't going to finally win a world series as I was the hoops teams not playing in March madness.

This season looked to me like trouble after that Western Illinois series.

You get what you earn! Louisville didn’t earn it this year. Some of the losses were mind boggling. Let’s see how far we go. Go Cards!

Reactions: earsky
I had a feeling after the Vandy game we were going to cross paths again, just not in a regional.

Not this year. The pitching was always suspect. The defense up the middle are freshmen which has shown itself with errors.
Yeah, I don't think the pitching staff resembles what we were all hoping for at the beginning of the season for sure.
I remember lamenting the possibility of not having a left handed starter going into league play for the weekends. Now,we might have 3.
As far as the middle, I'll reserve comments until the season is over, except to say that there are probably some unhappy guys.
Same as it probably is everywhere, but how you deal with it as a group gets you thru it.

I originally heard it could be the Ole Miss region.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT