ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Spring Game on ESPNU right now

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Sorry for the late notice, but I just came across it. It's in the 2nd qtr. right now.

I did not realize Auburn only averaged 229.5 passing yards/game last year.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late notice, but I just came across it. It's in the 2nd qtr. right now.

I did not realize Auburn only averaged 229.5 passing yards/game last year.
Personally I feel AU may find it tough going versus our defense.

Personally I feel AU may find it tough going versus our defense.

I hope you're right, but they did have the #13 ranked rushing offense at 255.5 yards/game. I have always been a fan of Gus Malzahn's offenses.

Auburn is going to be a tough first game, but Petrino is a helluva coach and he'll have plenty of time to scheme something up for them. Should be an entertaining start to the season

UGA steamrolled us. Auburn is much better than UGA. We lost a lot of our talent to the NFL. I would love this game late in the season, but for an opener its bad timing. BP is the man but I just dont think he has the weapons to pull an upset over Auburn that early in the season. But stranger things have happened.

UGA steamrolled us. Auburn is much better than UGA. We lost a lot of our talent to the NFL. I would love this game late in the season, but for an opener its bad timing. BP is the man but I just dont think he has the weapons to pull an upset over Auburn that early in the season. But stranger things have happened.

Our D is stout. Auburn is replacing many good players, including at QB. Anything can happen.

Louisville and Auburn both played Georgia last year. Louisville lost 34-14 and Auburn lost 34-7. Exactly how does that make Auburn much better than Georgia?

Reactions: cardsfan53
Louisville and Auburn both played Georgia last year. Louisville lost 34-14 and Auburn lost 34-7. Exactly how does that make Auburn much better than Georgia?

It doesnt. Glanced at a scoreline and had a bad case of dyslexia. After having been corrected I retract the Auburn/Georgia statement but stand by the rest.

Auburn has a new DC. Musch was a bad HC but he was a great DC @ Alabama. Their front 7 is going to be much improved.

OTOH they are breaking in a new QB, though I'd imagine he's pretty good.

The Cards have their work cut out to win this game. We need our O to keep our D off the field with sustained drives. Just one guy's opinion.

Georgia was much better than Auburn last year. In fact, 3 weeks before the sec champ game, Georgia was being mention for the Nat Champ game and they should have been. they were a very good football team. Auburn was not.Hopefully this year will be different.

Georgia was much better than Auburn last year. In fact, 3 weeks before the sec champ game, Georgia was being mention for the Nat Champ game and they should have been. they were a very good football team. Auburn was not.Hopefully this year will be different.

I pray U R right! We'll see. I felt the same way in 2013 UF/UL Sugah Boe game and then we blowed UF out of the water with our Def.!

That's kind of what I was wondering? These are the games you have to pla in order to get to the next level as a program.

Auburn has a new DC. Musch was a bad HC but he was a great DC @ Alabama. Their front 7 is going to be much improved.

OTOH they are breaking in a new QB, though I'd imagine he's pretty good.

The Cards have their work cut out to win this game. We need our O to keep our D off the field with sustained drives. Just one guy's opinion.
He's never been dc at bama, he was dc at Auburn then Texas now he's back at Auburn again. Do agree with everything else you said Malzhan is an offensive genius, the more your offense is on the field the better, especially since Petrino is hardly a slouch himself good luck would really like to see the cards beat the Barners

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT