ADVERTISEMENT

Aric Holman

VILLN

One-Star Poster
Dec 6, 2009
I finally went to watch Aric Holman play for Owensboro Senior tonight. I have to say I was impressed with what I saw. Being very thin is the only negative I saw. He handled the ball well, had excellent court vision, made several NICE passes, and was very unselfish with the ball, a couple of times maybe too unselfish. In the rebounding department he read the ball well as to where it was coming off the rim, positioned himself quickly and put what little booty he has on somebody. He's pretty quick off the ground and has a good, but not great vertical. He has a smooth looking shot with very good form. I don't remember his stat line but it seems like he was 3 for 3 from the 3, I don't remember him missing any free throws, and he did throw down a couple of nice dunks.

The last I heard CRP was interested. Some of the guys at the game said they believe he going to prep school.

He looks to have good potential, just needs to add weight and strength.

Originally posted by VILLN:
I finally went to watch Aric Holman play for Owensboro Senior tonight. I have to say I was impressed with what I saw. Being very thin is the only negative I saw. He handled the ball well, had excellent court vision, made several NICE passes, and was very unselfish with the ball, a couple of times maybe too unselfish. In the rebounding department he read the ball well as to where it was coming off the rim, positioned himself quickly and put what little booty he has on somebody. He's pretty quick off the ground and has a good, but not great vertical. He has a smooth looking shot with very good form. I don't remember his stat line but it seems like he was 3 for 3 from the 3, I don't remember him missing any free throws, and he did throw down a couple of nice dunks.

The last I heard CRP was interested. Some of the guys at the game said they believe he going to prep school.

He looks to have good potential, just needs to add weight and strength.
Sounds good. Love the local kids and if he's getting the attention of the UofL coaching staff, and if they offer him a scholarship, then I'll welcome him to L1C4 with open arms!!

I'm very anxious to see how Holman does at Hargrave Academy. Curious to see how he adjusts to playing kids his on height on the nightly but I think he'll be fine. Somebody will get a very good stretch 4 who has a great feel for the game. And who, I believe, passes as well as anybody I've seen in awhile at the high school level. Kid is a Card fan too.

Saw him at The King of the Bluegrass. The kid is a keeper, after a year at Hargrave he'll be good to go. IMO he'd give a few of our bigs a run for their money right now. Not that that's saying much!

The word going around school ( OHS ) is the AH is going to prep route next year in hopes for a Louisville offer in 2016 class. RP and company came and had a in house visit with the Holman's ( HUGE Card Fans ) earlier this year, and even though there was no mention of a offer it did appear that RP was encouraging Aric to take a year of prep so he could be brought in the following year. He does need some weight work, but I don't think he will have issue putting it on once he starts work with a strength and conditioning coaches, and he needs a little more muscle mass to with his frame.

Also Apollo lost last night to Meade County, but they have a player ( Eli Wright ) who is a junior this year, and his game is almost dead on like DeAngelo Russell who we missed out on for what ever reason. I think he would be a good pick up as well in the 2016 class. If you haven't seen this kid play you are missing out. The 9th district championship Apollo vs OHS was a good one with all the flare and dunks from him as well as AH, but we missed out on a good one for a rematch in the 3rd Region Championship. Oh well keep your eye out for the Wright kid and if possible get out to see him play.

BOC I did see the Apollo game last night and I agree Eli Wright is a hell of a player. Very athletic, good handles, good shot, and can Get Up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT