ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know if Nick Saban says his top priority is the NFL Draft?...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Just wondering if Saban has to use the LPT sales pitch in order to land 5-star recruits. And how do Bama fans like it?

I trust that LPT is not the only elite program that has to use this approach.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Just wondering if Saban has to use the LPT sales pitch in order to land 5-star recruits. And how do Bama fans like it?

If Saban were dumb enough to say something so outrageous, he would be run out of the state of Alabama.

Calipari can say it and get away with it because he's speaking to his minions. Bama fans aren't stupid enough to accept that fodder as truth.

Reactions: pervisl
Forget Saban, UofL put 10 guys in the draft (and 2-3 others on free agent contracts), and you sure as hell didn't hear Petrino say it.

There's really no "one and done" type process in college football so Saban using a LPT sales pitch wouldn't make sense to anyone. Players need to develop in college football and aren't ready for the NFL after one season. The pitch from Cal is telling recruits directly that he will make them millionaires and that they are ready for the NBA now and he can get them there the quickest. That's it.

Yes, UK is indeed elite. And, being so, Cal can say whatever he wants as long as the W's keep coming.

There's really no "one and done" type process in college football so Saban using a LPT sales pitch wouldn't make sense to anyone. Players need to develop in college football and aren't ready for the NFL after one season. The pitch from Cal is telling recruits directly that he will make them millionaires and that they are ready for the NBA now and he can get them there the quickest. That's it.
I think you're reading something into what Pitino Lite is saying. I don't recall "quickest" and "spend a year here" being in his headlines, He simply said his top priority is getting players into the pros and not necessarily winning championships. And both schools land some of the best players out of high school.

I'm no expert on Alabama football, and I'm trying to appreciate how over the top Pitino Lite's comments were this week. If you don't like the comparison, make the same one to Duke basketball which also lands great recruiting classes consistently. Does Coach K talk up the NBA while he pi$$e$ off his fanbase?

Yes, UK is indeed elite. And, being so, Cal can say whatever he wants as long as the W's keep coming.
So in his pursuit of star recruits, why does Pitino Lite need to pi$$ off a significant percentage of his fanbase--if LPT is indeed elite? Why don't the recruits come without that sales pitch?

So in his pursuit of star recruits, why does Pitino Lite need to pi$$ off a significant percentage of his fanbase--if LPT is indeed elite? Why don't the recruits come without that sales pitch?

I'm not sold he has made UK fans (in general) mad with his comments outside Rick Bozich who roasted him, and the people commenting on the article are mostly roasting Bozich which supports my point of view. Calipari is talking to his minions, and they'll believe whatever he says and accept it. It also supports my belief that UK fans (generally speaking) are stupid.

After reading the reply's here I checked Rafters and to my surprise they have about 2 or more threads about cal's remarks and most defend what he said, most seeing it as a recruiting ploy, ridiculous. If Nick Saban had said that he would have been ran out of Alabama.

The difference? Alabama is secure enough in its tradition that they will survive and be successful with whichever coach they have. The coach conforms to tradition and history of that school. At ky you have a very insecure fan base that DOES understand that tradition and history means very little to the coach or its players but is willing to put up with anything he says as long as he is winning; which conversely continues to erode the tradition.

I hope they never accuse Louisville of wanting to win at all costs because that is exactly what they have become. cal has openly insulted the season ticket holders, fans, loyalists and the institution itself and everybody is okay with it because he gets to final 4's and has one 1 NC. On second thought, maybe they are okay with his statement since they seem to be okay with him having multiple no. 1 recruiting classes, pre-season no.1 rankings, the greatest assembly of talent ever, etc. but only one NC to show for it. 54 million dollars, I say that is a good bang for your buck.

As many not associated with that program can see, the fan base seems to be turning in to a cult for cal. They hang on to every word he says and believes it. If not literally they rationalize it so as not to make cal seem like the arrogant, hypocrite he is.

Wanting to see players reach their dreams and feed their families as if they couldn't do that at any school they chose to attend. How would you like it if you were Willis, Lee or Hawkins when your coach who says he cares so much for his players seem to forget you exist..

Finally, its almost 2 months removed from basketball season and they are obsessing about some player from Canada to the tune of over 12,000 views. Jesus should have such dedication.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT