ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Igiehon?

He definitely was making some type of commitment video yesterday or the day before. Him dunking in slow-mo on his instagram story in a dim gym with his basketball jersey on
Good news, bad news, or conjecture?

Regarding the FBI trial, there hasn't been anything crazy-new about UL. Not sure why it would matter. Also, you have to know it will be AT LEAST 2 years before the NCAA does anything.

Whether Igiehon comes or not (sounds like he is), I am very impressed with the class that Mack has lined up for 2019. My projection looks something like this:

2018-19: Thin, inexperienced roster with a new coaching staff. Brutal start to the season due to tough OOC schedule (everyone yelling "FARRRR THAT MACK, SEND HIM AND HIS SKYLINE CHILI BACK TO CINCY WHERE HE BELONGS AND GO DOWN TO MIAM-UH AND HARRRR THAT PAT RILEY! HE AIN'T DOIN NOTHIN DOWN'ER ANYWAY!," rally to .500 in the ACC, make the tournament.
2019-20: Large injection of young talent compliments an experienced and hardened squad. Top 25 team, 2nd weekend of the NCAAT.
2020-21: Young talent from year 1 now in year 2, senior class that has seen it all. No weaknesses anywhere. Top 5-10 team, Final Four is realistic.

Last edited:
Whether Igiehon comes or not (sounds like he is), I am very impressed with the class that Mack has lined up for 2019. My projection looks something like this:

2018-19: Thin, inexperienced roster with a new coaching staff. Brutal start to the season due to tough OOC schedule (everyone yelling "FARRRR THAT MACK, SEND HIM AND HIS SKYLINE CHILI BACK TO CINCY WHERE HE BELONGS AND GO DOWN TO MIAM-UH AND HARRRR THAT PAT RILEY! HE AIN'T DOIN NOTHIN DOWN'ER ANYWAY!," rally to .500 in the ACC, make the tournament.
2019-20: Large injection of young talent compliments an experienced and hardened squad. Top 25 team, 2nd weekend of the NCAAT.
2020-21: Young talent from year 1 now in year 2, senior class that has seen it all. No weaknesses anywhere. Top 5-10 team, Final Four is realistic.
Only thing you might have wrong is the fact that any of the seniors (other than Perry) will be here in 2020-21. I think he’ll be the only 4 year guy IMO. Nwora is probably gone after this year. Malik is probably gone after the next year.

It’s crazy that anyone that is eligible to return next year can AND we get this 6 man class.

We’d have 3 juniors, 4 seniors, and 6 freshman (2-3 will play right away, Sam, DJ, Aidan).

Nonetheless if it happens, it will be a loaded team with a lot of experience and depth in 2019-20 season. That team would be preseason Top 10-15.

Ky fans saying....we didn't want him, he wasn't offered, Cal passed...in 3....2...1..

Well, there are people who still think the earth is flat, so they can all go sit together over there and pat each other on the backs for being Kings of the World.

Actually I take that back: According to Louisville sports talk, UK apparently didn't offer him, so they can legit say that. Regardless, whatever, he's the #36 prospect in a class full of Top 100 prospects.

Last edited:
Ky fans saying....we didn't want him, he wasn't offered, Cal passed...in 3....2...1..
UK did not offer. He was of interest if Plan A did not work out. Well, plan A has not materialized and this kid, rightfully, moved on. UL may have signed him if Cal had offered, who knows. Regardless, I think you picked up a good one that will be there 2 or 3 years. Great recruiting class so far. Congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT