ADVERTISEMENT

Any scoop re: Michael Bush?

Thanks but that is old news. Funny, I found some news. Apparently there was a NFL Vet. Combine just 3 days ago. MB was there. I don't have any results at this time. Hopefully he showed them enough to get a shot.

Go MB!

Go Cards!

link

Micheal Bush has been invited to perform at the first ever veterans combine later this month, along with Johhny Patrick.

PS, Tebow and Vince Young have NOT beeen invited...

Pulled this from nfl.com following the veterans combine....

"3. There was no rougher moment Sunday than Michael Bush's raw response to learning that he clocked out at an unofficial 4.91 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

"You gotta be (expletive) me," Bush said. "... 4.91? ... There you go, there goes my career." The free-agent running back knows scouts aren't about to jump at those results, wondering out loud if this was the end, and acknowledging: "It hurts. It hurts."

That's snail pace for a running back (and he had to know his times beforehand since he has been working out). But that's not bad for someone like a Tight End. Just saying. That would be a damn fine option for any offense.

He should have never left Oakland. It was all downhill after that. Oakland kept him healthy with significant playing time. If he would of stuck it out, Oakland would of gave him the franchise tag that he wanted eventually. Oh Well, Money makes us do stupid things sometimes. Good Luck Mike.

This post was edited on 3/23 1:20 PM by Cardinals4Ever

There's news out there that for whatever reason all the 40 times were clocked slow, by a tenth or two...Could be more who knows. Maybe he still has a shot.

I am a huge MIchael Bush fan, but he is carrying too much weight and has for years.

Weight, maybe? Who knows. MB is a bright guy and he's had completel access to trainers, dietitians & coaches etc. I'd bet he's about as lean as he can get without losing too much power. Hell, I remember saying he was 250 lbs. coming out of Male. I'm sure since then he has muscled up and lost fat...unlike myself.
frown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by beakwithteeth:
There's news out there that for whatever reason all the 40 times were clocked slow, by a tenth or two...Could be more who knows. Maybe he still has a shot.
Yeah that MB quote was pulled from an article about how the times were slower than expected for everyone. Apparently they were using a new laser/device to measure speed. His quote happened to be the most emotional/raw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT