ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Jones to visit Louisville on Thursday

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
Jody Demling

Irving, Tx., guard Andrew Jones, one of the fastest rising prospects after the summer evaluation periods, had scheduled five unofficial visits for the next week, including the University of Louisville. Jones will be in Louisville on Thursday and spend time with the Cardinals.

Andrew Jones wanted to get to Louisville to see a practice.

So, the rising star on the college basketball recruiting scene from Irving, Tx., will be heading to U of L on Thursday for an unofficial visit. It will be one of five he makes in the next week.

"I wanted to see how coach (Rick) Pitino was in a practice," Jones said. "I want to see how he works a practice and how he develops his players. I think that will be something that will help me out."

Louisville is preparing for a trip to Puerto Rico next week and will practice twice on Thursday.

Jones, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from MacArthur High School, will visit Texas on Tuesday. He'll then swing by Louisville before going to Baylor on Friday, Texas A&M on Saturday and Arizona on Monday.

"I wanted to get out and see some places and then figure things out," said Jones, who said he would likely then schedule his official visits for the fall.

Jones averaged 11.8 points a game while playing for ProSkills during the regular season of the Nike EYBL circuit. In the five-game Peach Jam last month, Jones bumped his averages up to 18.4 points and four rebounds per game.

He landed an offer from U of L last week

ADVERTISEMENT