ADVERTISEMENT

After re-watching the game….

Sep 7, 2004
It’s good to have a coach who can make 2nd half adjustments

I was a little surprised at how conservative we were on defense. I was expecting us to bring a little bit more pressure.

We have some real playmakers at WR. Thrash and Coleman can be special.

We were great on special teams. Especially punting.

Jack Plummer was super extra tight in the first half. He calmed down a little in the 2nd , but was still a little off.

Jack being off I believe altered the play calling I think we called a lot more runs and short dink and dunk throws to try and get Jack comfortable. We really didn’t throw many deep passes all game. Which surprised, especially considering the WR talent.

This is a game that Brohm would have lost if he was at Purdue. Brohm has games like this, but at Purdue he didn’t have the talent to overcome a “bad” or tight game. Now he does.

Even in the 2nd half Jack was still off, just not as bad. He was throwing the ball late and behind his receivers almost the entire night. He did improve in the 2nd half, but he still missed a ton of guys. I did t expect him to be his tight and inaccurate considering he’s an experienced player. If he can’t be more accurate, do a better job of looking guys off, and plays tight I can see him being replaced a couple of games in. We have a ton of options.

Jack. Off? Yes I agree. It was probably first game jitters. It takes a game or two for a quarterback feel confident in his receivers and line. I bet we see a big improvement next week.

But it will be his first home game in front of a stadium full of fans with high expectations (which isn’t easy on the nerves either).

The “short arming throws” may have been about Plummer assigning exaggerated concern over the reputation of an experienced and talented GT secondary.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
Lotta credit to Brohm for sticking with Plummer. If Plummer and the defense don't get it going after half,JB taking a lot of heat for not changing qbs.
That's why he makes the big bucks. That was a calculated decision to stay with the Professor...and the right one.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
It’s good to have a coach who can make 2nd half adjustments

I was a little surprised at how conservative we were on defense. I was expecting us to bring a little bit more pressure.

We have some real playmakers at WR. Thrash and Coleman can be special.

We were great on special teams. Especially punting.

Jack Plummer was super extra tight in the first half. He calmed down a little in the 2nd , but was still a little off.

Jack being off I believe altered the play calling I think we called a lot more runs and short dink and dunk throws to try and get Jack comfortable. We really didn’t throw many deep passes all game. Which surprised, especially considering the WR talent.

This is a game that Brohm would have lost if he was at Purdue. Brohm has games like this, but at Purdue he didn’t have the talent to overcome a “bad” or tight game. Now he does.

Even in the 2nd half Jack was still off, just not as bad. He was throwing the ball late and behind his receivers almost the entire night. He did improve in the 2nd half, but he still missed a ton of guys. I did t expect him to be his tight and inaccurate considering he’s an experienced player. If he can’t be more accurate, do a better job of looking guys off, and plays tight I can see him being replaced a couple of games in. We have a ton of options.
I agree with almost everything, except that we have a ton of options. No one else is ready to play QB and likely won't be for several weeks, if at all this year.

Well, maybe other QB's are not ideal but we have two with experience. Domann played quite a bit last season and even Conley played a bit his freshman season.

So why wouldn't they be ready if something happens to Plummer? Clarkson yes, he's a true freshman, but Brohm has two QB's who could lead the offense. Again, they may not be as talented as Plummer but they have proven they can start and win a college football game.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT