ADVERTISEMENT

Addition by Subtraction

Obviously Morrow is waiting for someone to offer her a big NIL deal. We need to get Adidas to back some NIL deals for other athletes like they did with HVL.

Obviously Morrow is waiting for someone to offer her a big NIL deal. We need to get Adidas to back some NIL deals for other athletes like they did with HVL.
That’s the difference between the player doing it on his/her own, and U of L arranging it for them…

I agree with you in a different way.
She desperately wants and needs to be a leader. But her style of play does not promote it.
She is a pure scorer. She wants to be a point guard. We needed her as a pure scorer. She has not developed as a PG. Have to admit this year's team was below standards. Part of it was her fault. Part of it was lack of talent.
Jeff brought in scoring and ball handling help to try to get her open to play PG. Again, for the previous 2 years, she played a complimentary scoring role. She was not going to overtake Dana as the lead guard. And she and K Smith were off ball scorers.
You could see her try to be better at "this passing thing" this year... but she would throw passes to where she wanted "Elite" teammates to be... or where she expected imaginary players to be. It was bad chemistry all the way. She didn't trust her teammates and her teammates "sho nuff" didn't trust her to make them better. 3.4 assists a game shows her accidentally passing the ball in good situations... or rather her passing to 3-point shooters, or jump shooters. Kassa helped on some of those assists by hitting mid-range jumpers.. as did Olivia and some of the others...
At the end of the day, she saw an entirely new REVAMP... and then Jeff bringing in another West Coast PG... sort of split her wig a bit... because the new girl is a scorer...at around the same height, but with more speed.
Again, she as gone anyway, before the start of the season, but some things were driven home and made more solid for her to leave. I watched how Jeff screamed and shouted at other girls, but let HVL do whatever she wanted to do. He finally started sitting her a bit when she got fouls here and there... but the lack of chemistry between her and the rest of the team, especially between her and Cochran and her and CC was glaringly obvious.
When she laces em up for LSU, she will have a little bit more respect... but I don't think she will be better than their starting guard... at all.. so it will be VERY interesting to see if she shines there...
Excellent points. If I was an LSU fan it would be interesting to watch how she interacts with her new team mates given their well established roles. It could get ugly for HVL given Reese wasn’t excited about her arrival, well until she was told to be.

I watched a clip they had with Angel Reese after it was announced that HVL was transferring to LSU. The announcer asker her what she thought about Hailey Van Lith transferring to LSU. Angel Reese responded to the question by asking “ Who “.

I said it many times this year and got push back. I don’t think HVL is a leader and if I’m wrong and she is, she’s a leader no one wants to follow for whatever reason. And I do believe her father is a helicopter parent and it will be interesting to see how that floats with Mulkey
I disagree with this 100%. She definitely is a leader but she couldn't overcome jealousy from her teammates and for whatever reason she often was the reason or target when the team lost. We put a lot on her shoulders and for the most part she was able to carry it. Read her last statements, it really sounded like she had some low points (as well as high ones) at U of L. I think that has to do within the team itself not whether your team was successful or not. She was a prima donna but college sports made her one. Don't know about her father. Haven't heard of any stories where he and Jeff had issues.

I watched the nearly one-hour HVL interview that Mark Ennis referenced on the radio this week. My wife mentioned it. Google for it on YouTube if you want, hosted by some black chick, might have been ESPN.

I'm glad she's now where she wants to be, and I won't miss a minute watching her play...

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I remember when she made the move there was one rumor that she decided to move when Louisville recruited Jayda Johnson the point guard. HVL wants to be the point guard and it wasn’t going to happen at Louisville. In the interview she said that she would be running the point at LSU. So evidently there was some truth to the rumor. She also said she had some of her best highs at Louisville but also some of her biggest lows.

Reactions: 2330859
I watched the nearly one-hour HVL interview that Mark Ennis referenced on the radio this week. My wife mentioned it. Google for it on YouTube if you want, hosted by some black chick, might have been ESPN.

I'm glad she's now where she wants to be, and I won't miss a minute watching her play...
Nor will I. She's no longer relevant to me and is just another opponent of Louisville basketball. I will admit that LSU not winning the championship sits right behind Louisville winning the title as my top two wishes for next season.

Eric’s article was another good read, but his words were directed to UL fans, while the content was almost entirely about HVL. I am afraid this is one Crawford article that I believe is misdirected.

Literally tens of thousands of fans supported HVL at UL games throughout her 3 years as a Lady Card, I believe the UL fans are justified with any feelings or comments they want to direct towards her after her departure.

I could tell HVL was not having fun early in the season. You could see the negative body language early on, but later in the season they started to gell more. I am totally surprised she hasn’t mentioned Coach Walz name one time since she has transferred. He bent over backwards last year playing her unlimited minutes and never holding her accountable for turnovers.

I knew he was doing her a disservice by not letting her play PG and apparently she was pissed about not getting the opportunity. I sense she wants to try and play like Caitlyn, but I’m not sure. I am interested in seeing how Coach Mulkey uses her.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I could tell HVL was not having fun early in the season. You could see the negative body language early on, but later in the season they started to gell more. I am totally surprised she hasn’t mentioned Coach Walz name one time since she has transferred. He bent over backwards last year playing her unlimited minutes and never holding her accountable for turnovers.

I knew he was doing her a disservice by not letting her play PG and apparently she was pissed about not getting the opportunity. I sense she wants to try and play like Caitlyn, but I’m not sure. I am interested in seeing how Coach Mulkey uses her.
Whatever. I mean, she plays for lsu now.

Maybe her handles and vision are sufficient, but HVL is too small and not fast enough to play PG at the upper P5 level.

Walz was doing her a favor not exposing her…

Reactions: FlavRunit
We are sure going to find out. I can’t imagine her playing PG either but she will have to if she has any dreams of playing next level.

If I were her I would stay in college for two more years. She would make more money in college with NIL than playing in the WNBA. I just watched the presser with CJW and he was asked about the departure of HVL. CJW said that HVL and her Dad called him on a conference call to let him know she was leaving.

He said if someone doesn’t want to be here he is not going to try and talk her out of it. I agree she wants to play point but I don’t think she is quick enough. I guess
If we happen to meet LSU in the tournament next year I will find out. I don’t plan on watching her play unless we play LSU.

I disagree with this 100%. She definitely is a leader but she couldn't overcome jealousy from her teammates and for whatever reason she often was the reason or target when the team lost. We put a lot on her shoulders and for the most part she was able to carry it. Read her last statements, it really sounded like she had some low points (as well as high ones) at U of L. I think that has to do within the team itself not whether your team was successful or not. She was a prima donna but college sports made her one. Don't know about her father. Haven't heard of any stories where he and Jeff had issues.
She may be a leader but she has some serious issues with her play and her leadership. She constantly over penetrated on her drives and would position herself directly under the basket giving herself zero chance to score and would result in turnover after turnover.
Through the mid point of the season as I recall she had more turnovers than assists. Sure she scored because that’s what she does, but she was no Dana Evans or Asia Durr as far as over all play. Her D did get better but it was slow coming because she wasn’t quick.
As far as being a PG she pretty much proved that CJW was correct in not playing her there as she tried to do it all instead of distributing the ball. I get she didn’t trust her team mates, but that was her issue not theirs.
Clearly she wasn’t getting her way so she basically threw a temper tantrum (Look at some of the asinine comments she made since departure) for the first part of the season. And when she decided to depart and had dear ole dad on the conference call instead of talking to her coach like an adult.
I think we’re far better without her and that’s sad for me to say because I looked forward to her being here. But like you said she’s a prima donna and we don’t need that here.
At the end of the day she’s an lsu player and that’s fine. I don’t wish her good or bad luck, she’s simple irrelevant unless we play them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT