ADVERTISEMENT

Above The Rim

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
All the terrible stuff aside, it is nice to see the occasional alley oop dunks and put back jams from JJ Traynor.

High flying dunks are something I had missed seeing from UofL teams the last few seasons. It seems like none of our players had the hops or athletic ability to do that, and Louisville has had its share of great dunkers from Griff to Montrezl to Mitchell.

JJ has some springs and I hope to see more play above the rim in the future if we ever get those types of athletes back in the program.

He is a good athlete but boy he is another that gets completely lost on defense. Tie game gets beat on a simple back door.

Offensively he is playing with more confidence which is a big step for him.

Musical chair coaches probably didn't help this kid. It's too bad he can't put some weight on.

I think with good players and a good system around him he could be a useful energy role player. Unfortunately, this is not his situation here these days.

But I agree he can do some things above the rim probably how he got his HS star ranking. Maybe next year it all comes together for him in some way here. Would be happy for him if it does.

I watched him a bunch in high school. Trust me 3 star player but a 5 star athlete and length. He didn’t make people better around him. He let people push him around. Had a good mid range game. He was a project.

I think another year in the weight room with the right attitude he can become a consistent type player. He has to improve his ball handling. He has to learn how to play defense and use his length. He has spurts defensively then goes brain dead. Not a talker either which has to change.

I thought this was going to be about the Tupac movie
Tupac Shakur GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT