ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star 2016 PG Payton Pritchard

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The University of Louisville basketball team had offered and was on the list for four-star point guard Payton Pritchard before he made a commitment to Oklahoma last year.

Now that Pritchard had decommitted from the Sooners, the Cardinals are back in the mix.

U of L assistant coach Kenny Johnson, who started recruiting Pritchard for Indiana two years ago when he was an assistant with the Hoosiers, has reconnected with Pritchard. U of L director of operations David Padgett was on the road last week and watched Pritchard in Suwanee, Ga., and on Tuesday night Pitino called him and offered a scholarship.

"I think coach Pitino is great with player development and that's what he was talking about on the phone," Pritchard said. "They have a winning program and a great coach. I like the style they play."

The 6-foot-1 Pritchard is from West Linn, Ore., and is ranked as the No. 52 player in the country. He has also been offered by Kansas, Baylor, California, DePaul and several others since re-opening his recruitment.

"I want to narrow it down and make a list by the end of the summer," he said. "It's all about finding the right fit for me."

Thx Shadow.

Seems like Rick is taking a lot of looks @ PGs.

I don't know how successful we're going to be with landing a really good PG when we already have Snider and he's just a Soph. I wonder what the recruiting style is in these instances. Lots of kids don't like competing for jobs. I guess this is how he finds his type of player though - go get the ones that want to compete.

Thanks again for all your threads they're awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT