ADVERTISEMENT

3 star UK commit Kash Daniel

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
http://collegespun.com/acc/louisvil...isville-after-spurning-cardinals-for-wildcats

3 star UK commit Kas Daniel takes a jab at UofL.

Kash Daniel choose UK over South Carolina. Says he guesses there’s maybe 3 or 4 Louisville fans in E. Kentucky. He’s not one of them.

Dont get too cocky about yourslf young man. Your from ,1 A high school football, and your toughest game last year was Pikeville HS and Raceland HS which u lost both. Things are little different in college (well maybe not, since you will be playing for UK).

Reactions: 65bird
http://collegespun.com/acc/louisvil...isville-after-spurning-cardinals-for-wildcats

Kash Daniel choose UK over South Carolina. Says he guesses there’s maybe 3 or 4 Louisville fans in E. Kentucky. He’s not one of them.

Dont get too cocky about yourslf young man. Your from ,1 A high school football, and your toughest game last year was Pikeville HS and Raceland HS which u lost both. Things are little different in college (well maybe not, since you will be playing for UK).

Glad he chose the 3rd best team in state behind UL/WKU..his season at UK will end in time to watch UL play in Bowl game...

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
The Kid, along with other Eastern Kentuckians (that He is referring too), must not be fans of college football then. He's going to find out the hard way, like others, years before him, that ran their mouth about our program. They always end up backtracking and embarrassed playing for a sorry team. If He's not a fan of our program now, then wait until after We stomp em for the umpteenth time! He will more than likely hate us.

Welcome to the worse mistake of your life kid lol.

I'd rather see a direct quote than that guy's account. "He's not one of them" sounds like the messenger's assessment...

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
I'm not going to dimiish the kid's talent or UK's commitment. He is a highly regarded player that we apparently offered, who UK wanted badly and they got him. Congrats to both parties. My only hope is that one game a year, he is forced to play the "what could have been" game in his mind as he loses to the Cards.

I'm not going to dimiish the kid's talent or UK's commitment. He is a highly regarded player that we apparently offered, who UK wanted badly and they got him. Congrats to both parties. My only hope is that one game a year, he is forced to play the "what could have been" game in his mind as he loses to the Cards.
I will be watching to see if he ever sees the field. They supose to be SEC!!!

Well, I guess I was one of the people he was talking about, hell there are 2 UofL fans and a Tennessee fan on the street I live on out of about 10 people in northeastern KY, hey Kash news flash they test for roids in college be careful.

Well, I guess I was one of the people he was talking about, hell there are 2 UofL fans and a Tennessee fan on the street I live on out of about 10 people in northeastern KY, hey Kash news flash they test for roids in college be careful.

The funny thing is from what I've read Kash himself wasn't even a UK fan growing up. His dad played ball at East Tennessee State, and Kash grew up a UT fan. When he first began getting attention from UK, UofL, USC, and UF it was rumored that if UT offered he'd be theirs to lose. I think his relationship with Drake Jackson and Landon Young has sealed the deal now, and that even if UT offered he'd stick with UK.

There is one UL fan in Paintsville who is friends with the Kash's. He says none have bad mouthed UL around him.

His advice to them was simply "make sure the kid goes where it's best for HIM and not for all the pressure around here".

The good part about uk as a LB is, he'll get looks of clock. He won't win, but he'll get to play a lot.

But Stoops may well be gone by December, and if the kid has a big year, and UT gets involved.....he's gone to Knoxville.

I'd say he's right. And, I'd also say most UofL fans are proud of the fact they don't live in Eastern Kentucky. That place is a sh** hole.

There is one UL fan in Paintsville who is friends with the Kash's. He says none have bad mouthed UL around him.

His advice to them was simply "make sure the kid goes where it's best for HIM and not for all the pressure around here".

The good part about uk as a LB is, he'll get looks of clock. He won't win, but he'll get to play a lot.

But Stoops may well be gone by December, and if the kid has a big year, and UT gets involved.....he's gone to Knoxville.
Stoops will get 5 years to attempt to turn the Titanic around.

I'd say he's right. And, I'd also say most UofL fans are proud of the fact they don't live in Eastern Kentucky. That place is a sh** hole.

Hey now, not all people over in this part of the state are that way, met lots of screwed up people in central and western KY as well. Don't talk bad about all of us.

Reactions: 65bird
For UK to continually be the topic of conversation on this board, it must mean that we are becoming relevant again in football. I would be willing to wager that the game in December is a different outcome this year.

For UK to continually be the topic of conversation on this board, it must mean that we are becoming relevant again in football. I would be willing to wager that the game in December is a different outcome this year.

I'll take $50 straight up on that wager...if you will make your wager under your normal username from your own board so I know who I'm wagering with. You can tell me privately who you actually are by left clicking on my name and hit "start a conversation". I'm cautious because I've had past wagers welched on.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Get him Steeler2012 that blue Kool-Aid has him drunk.

I just enjoy a good wager, and especially enjoy friendly wagers with "confident" rival fans. However, I have learned the hard way some posters don't follow through with their bets.

Have you spent anytime on the Lair recently? UofL is all your fan base talks about. It's called a rivalry.The funny thing, your fans think they automatically have a victory against the Cards this season based on a close game this year. They assume our cupboard is bare and we are in decline and UK is on the rise. Based on what? It's pure comedy over there.

Relevant AGAIN? Can you please tell me when in the last 65 yrs you were relevant in the first place?

Don't kid yourselves the guy is an Army All-American for a reason. Rivals is really slow to make changes in their ratings but 247 has him as the 8th best MLB in the country. No sense in disparaging the kid and his hometown over sour grapes. He didn't say anything bad about your school. Everyone here knows there aren't UL fans east of Lexington (maybe a very few transplants) so what did he say that was untrue? He was nothing but complementary of your school and your coaches throughout the process

Don't kid yourselves the guy is an Army All-American for a reason. Rivals is really slow to make changes in their ratings but 247 has him as the 8th best MLB in the country. No sense in disparaging the kid and his hometown over sour grapes. He didn't say anything bad about your school. Everyone here knows there aren't UL fans east of Lexington (maybe a very few transplants) so what did he say that was untrue? He was nothing but complementary of your school and your coaches throughout the process

Saying he wanted to help uk win an $EC championship was more delusional than his other comments.

Reactions: LockdownCard

SEC, UL you're on notice: Kash is coming!

You know it's mid summer when UK fans are upbeat about football...too bad the actual season always has to crash the aspirations of the blue clads hopes and dreams. Apparently UK is getting a good player, UofL will recover from this devastating recruiting loss. (sarcasm)

They're (uk) in the middle of one of their best seasons ever! NEXT year is always the best, and with these recruits?

My God! Just think how good they'll be NEXT year!

And the year after that? Why it's NC time!

Same as it's been for 60 years. :rolleyes:

Until their head coach figures out how to coach defense, they're gonna continue to suck but with better linebackers.

LPT Football: We never said Kash was gonna improve...

Until their head coach figures out how to coach defense, they're gonna continue to suck but with better linebackers.

ZIPP all I hear around my job is he is one of the best defensive coaches in the country. ;);););););)

I never really know if you're serious or not but you don't make it to one of the premier college football programs in the country if you can't coach. The Stoops family is well regarded as one of power families in college coaching in this era. If you want to challenge his ability as a head coach since he's not proven yet that would make sense but questioning his ability to coach a defense with all he's proven in his career makes little sense. He inherited talent that was below what WKU had in Joker's players and he's fielding a bunch of freshmen and RS freshmen to try and be competitive. I know you know that but you usually throw out common sense for the sake of insulting anything UK

I never really know if you're serious or not but you don't make it to one of the premier college football programs in the country if you can't coach. The Stoops family is well regarded as one of power families in college coaching in this era...
You may have answered your own question... How does he get the DC job at FSU? His last name is "Stupes". Says nothing about how well he coaches.

...If you want to challenge his ability as a head coach since he's not proven yet that would make sense but questioning his ability to coach a defense with all he's proven in his career makes little sense...
That's the point... He hasn't proven anything. FSU hasn't missed a beat since he left. And LPT's defense is the worst statistically that it has been since Pappaw Brooks arrived many years ago. When Charlie Strong came to U of L to clean up K-rag's disaster, the defense saw instant improvement.

...He inherited talent that was below what WKU had in Joker's players and he's fielding a bunch of freshmen and RS freshmen to try and be competitive. I know you know that but you usually throw out common sense for the sake of insulting anything UK
Joker brought in better recruiting classes, ranking wise, than had ever been recruited to LPT. And Stupes has done nothing with that, esp. on defense. Doesn't bode well for your team, and no one needs insults to make that point.

LPT Football: It's OK, we're used to it...

The Stoops family is well regarded as one of power families in college coaching in this era. If you want to challenge his ability as a head coach since he's not proven yet that would make sense.

This is the only part of your statement I would challenge. The Stoops "power family" only consists of one successful head coach. Mike Stoops only head coaching stint ended in him being fired in 2011 after going 41-50 in 7 seasons at Arizona. And Mark Stoops head coaching abilities are still being evaluated while being 7-17 in 2 seasons at UK.

Reactions: atiba and mwatson61
This is the only part of your statement I would challenge. The Stoops "power family" only consists of one successful head coach. Mike Stoops only head coaching stint ended in him being fired in 2011 after going 41-50 in 7 seasons at Arizona. And Mark Stoops head coaching abilities are still being evaluated while being 7-17 in 2 seasons at UK.
I made this point in another thread. Mike Stoops was a failure and now he's back on big brother Bob's payroll. FSU's defense has continued to thrive. I remember Jack Arute and Rick Neuhisel on their show on XM interviewing Jimbo Fischer leading up to the season after Stoops had left and he said the defense would not miss a beat without Stoops and he was spot on. UK fans seem to think little brother Mark is big brother Bob which is a joke. I would say he's more like brother Mike.

I made this point in another thread. Mike Stoops was a failure and now he's back on big brother Bob's payroll. FSU's defense has continued to thrive. I remember Jack Arute and Rick Neuhisel on their show on XM interviewing Jimbo Fischer leading up to the season after Stoops had left and he said the defense would not miss a beat without Stoops and he was spot on. UK fans seem to think little brother Mark is big brother Bob which is a joke. I would say he's more like brother Mike.

I would say comparing Mark to either brother as a head coach is premature. The guy has had two seasons as a HC, and he took over one of the worst rosters in a Power 5 conference.

But, to say the man doesn't know defense is laughable. Many players in the NFL say the guy knows what he's talking about. In his stint at Miami as DB coach they had one of the best defensive backfields in the country. In both his stops as DC both teams saw their defenses improve greatly by his third year.

I never really know if you're serious or not but you don't make it to one of the premier college football programs in the country if you can't coach.

I hope you're referring to him making it to FSU because FLASH!:

1. uk ain't a premier program.
2. MS got the gig because NO ONE with a resume has wanted it. Or HAS wanted it since Bill Curry. People saw what happened to him, and they want NO part of uk FB.

Same for Brooks. IF you recall, it looked like uk would be coachless until they finally got the eighth or ninth choice (RB) to take it. THEN, to avoid that embarrassment again, you make Joker the coach-in-waiting. How'd that work for ya?

It would almost be fun to see MS have some success, then see how fast he would bail on you.

Nah. Never mind. Just keep on "changing the culture" the same as you have for 60 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT