ADVERTISEMENT

2023 4* DL “Woo” Spencer picks Louisville over UK and Mich. St.

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

This initial CJB class exceeds expectations, as there is a whole lot to like about the talent, as well as the balance in the positions. As for me, this late signing of Spencer represents the first major signal that UK's recent superiority over UL has ended. Not so much that Woo picked the Cards over the Cats, but rather acknowledging that it has been a while since we signed a BIG and talented DT/NG from High School. Those close to HS recruiting in an around Kentuckiana have been saying for some time that Spencer has NFL size and talent, which does not come around these parts very often.

If UK has enjoyed any one single advantage over UL in terms of recruiting and rival game performance; it has been the size & talent of the OL and DL .......... which translated into controlling the LOS on both sides. I for one can see that signing Spencer serves as further evidence that is changing now.

This initial CJB class exceeds expectations, as there is a whole lot to like about the talent, as well as the balance in the positions. As for me, this late signing of Spencer represents the first major signal that UK's recent superiority over UL has ended. Not so much that Woo picked the Cards over the Cats, but rather acknowledging that it has been a while since we signed a BIG and talented DT/NG from High School. Those close to HS recruiting in an around Kentuckiana have been saying for some time that Spencer has NFL size and talent, which does not come around these parts very often.

If UK has enjoyed any one single advantage over UL in terms of recruiting and rival game performance; it has been the size & talent of the OL and DL .......... which translated into controlling the LOS on both sides. I for one can see that signing Spencer serves as further evidence that is changing now.
During JBs pc yesterday he was asked about what positions they may be looking to fill between now and the beginning of fall practice. I was happy to hear him say they are always looking at adding on the O & D lines. I don't remember his exact quote but it was something along the line of that's what separates Championship Teams from the others. I was glad to hear him say that because I agree. It's hard to win games if you're losing the battle on the line of scrimmage.

I like getting talented players but I like it more when they are local kids. I think we are headed for good times with Brohm blending good talent from other states and the top kids from our area reminds me of the Brohm and Bush era. Look how excited the fan base is and we have 7 1/2 months before our first game.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT