ADVERTISEMENT

2013 to 2021

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Amazing how far the University of Louisville's top sports programs have fallen in eight years.

2013 was the year of the Cards.
2021 is the year of the Cards in hell.

For whatever reason the fortunes of even our most successful programs have suddenly crashed and burned.

Now the mighty baseball program has joined the fray. Football was self inflicted. Basketball was self inflicted, but that wasn't the case with baseball. I believe it was just the law of averages that Louisville baseball was due a off year. Throw in covid and just like football and basketball, the interruptions had big time negative effects on the baseball team.

I think we have already watched the Cards last win. They will lose in the ACC tournament and won't be invited to the NCAA tournament. Wonder if the transfer pool is active with baseball players?

Amazing how far the University of Louisville's top sports programs have fallen in eight years.

For whatever reason the fortunes of even our most successful programs have suddenly crashed and burned.

Now the mighty baseball program has joined the fray. Football was self inflicted. Basketball was self inflicted, but that wasn't the case with baseball. I believe it was just the law of averages that Louisville baseball was due a off year. Throw in covid and just like football and basketball, the interruptions had big time negative effects on the baseball team.

I think we have already watched the Cards last win. They will lose in the ACC tournament and won't be invited to the NCAA tournament. Wonder if the transfer pool is active with baseball players?
Cheer up. It’s never as bad as you think it is. But, the state of UofL athletics, is that on Tyra?

Last edited:

The women’s basketball team seems to be the one sport still holding their own. Even the softball team didn’t make the tournament. As for mentioning the virus, every team had to deal with it. I understand that some teams might not have had the interruptions as did say the men’s basketball team, but it’s possible other teams dealt with it and the pauses better than Mack and the AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT