ADVERTISEMENT

1B Will Cook transfers

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
….to John Logan College. So, whether it is grades or he sees little opportunity at 1B moving forward…he has left the program.

He was slated to more than likely be in the running for that spot at 1st. Not sure but there are several guys who could end up filling that spot.
Best wishes Will.

A couple of guys come to mind right off the top of my head.
Lippe has shown he's really got an excellent glove in the outfield but it's crowded out there. I'd love to see his bat in the lineup. Beard could see some time there or Anderson,who's played there before.
And that's leaving out the newcomers..
Plenty of options.

Reactions: Bardman
I hate to speculate but sounds more like grades than being afraid to compete. Good luck!
The timing of the departure coming right at semester break...probably so. Of course that's not for certain because he could've been finishing the semester but yeah it has that feel.
He was absolutely battling to be the guy at 1st.

Reactions: Bardman
I have to digress you guys. Slipped my mind that McCoy is back for another year.
Tbs,this looks more like it's not grades related.

I have to digress you guys. Slipped my mind that McCoy is back for another year.
Tbs,this looks more like it's not grades related.
Logan College is not your typical JUCO school. They boast 10 conference championships. 8 Regionals and 2 JC World Series appearances. The talent level at some of these junior colleges can be pretty good. He's got to be able to compete there as well.

Reactions: rh62531
Yeah I think this being his junior year he wants to be on the field somewhere. He probably feels like his best chance is elsewhere. I don't know if McCoy is the only guy he's competing against over here.
I think it's the right move for him.

Reactions: Bardman and rh62531
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT